Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wells Fargo's new customer service by un-truth.

I understand a bank is in business to make a profit. When customers request a "stop payment" on a check, there is probably some cost involved in dealing with this issue.

I only protest that between two different bankers I was misled. I had to cancel a stop payment and was led to believe that after canceling said stop payment "we'll take that off (the fee). I can't do it right now because it hasn't posted yet. So just call back".

When I called in today, going directly to a banker because I am almost blind and never enter numbers in fast enough. I explained my situation and was informed that a) even when a "stop payment" is canceled, they don't take any of the fee off the charged account, but b) since I was a good customer, they'd take off half of the fee!

I am thankful they took off anything, but I bitterly protest the illusion caused by the first banker. If she had said they wouldn't take the fee off, I wouldn't be angry now. The business causing this problem will refund any fees.

Since when is it OK to lie to customers to make them happy?

I've been with Wells for years. I like them because they are accurate and when there is a problem, it gets dealt with promptly and fairly.

This latest bit with customer service, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I made sure the first banker understood I was referring to whether or not the fee would be removed.

You stumbled on this one wells Fargo, so, since I've learned complaining to you does nothing, I send it out to the Internet.

Also, on May 24th of this year you eliminated any ability to get a "direct deposit advance." Some change because of a new law. OK, fine. But the option is still on your website in several places. I am a webmaster for my church and find it hard to believe that changing your website is a "security" issue. More questionable information from the banker I spoke to this morning. Changing links, or eliminating a linked option on a website is NOT complicated. I barely know what I'm doing managing the church's website, but the problem of removing a linked option would take under 15 minutes!

Is this some new kind of management through Obfuscation? Careful people, its not working too well for the IRS right now, Just saying.

No comments: