Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Take "The Forty Day Challenge: from "Healing Is A Choice".

My special thanks to Steve Arterburn, of New Life Ministries, for permission to republish this material.


I am going to post an entire email I got from New Life Ministries. They apply Christian principles to problems of healing and wholeness. For those of you who aren't religious, you might try doing this challenge anyway. I'm on day three, and it really seems to make a difference, as it gives me something new and simple to think about.


--------------------- Email from New Life Ministries to Cybergal---------

This Week's Resource


Changes That Heal
Dr. Henry Cloud

This book focuses on four developmental tasks--bonding to others, separating from others, integrating good and bad in our lives, and taking charge of our lives--that all of us must accomplish to heal our inner pain and to enable us to function and grow emotionally and spiritually.


This Week's Tip for Life


40 Days of Healing Daily Affirmations
Excerpted from "Healing Is A Choice" by Steve Arterburn


If you accept this challenge, I believe it will change your life forever. I believe it will implant in your heart and soul the words you need to persevere on the path to healing. I believe it can change the way you think about yourself and the way you think about life. It will take less than five minutes a day, but it could change the rest of your day. Throughout Scripture forty days pops up over and over again. It is significant to me that Jesus fasted and prayed for forty days and forty nights. So I am going to ask you to start your day, each day, for forty days by reading the following words out loud in some quiet corner of your world:


Opening Prayer:
Lord, I am broken and hurting due to the brokenness of others and mistakes of my own. Please use Your powers to heal me and give me courage to make the choices I need to make to allow Your healing in my life. Forgive me for standing in Your way of healing for me. Thank You for allowing my past to end one second ago, and my future to begin right now in this moment with you.


Affirmation:



  1. * Today I choose to heal.
  2. * My healing begins right now, in this moment.
  3. * I am no longer bound by my sick past.
  4. * There is healing in my future.
  5. * For the next twenty-four hours, I choose to live free and heal.
  6. * I choose to let go of past hurts that I cannot undo.
  7. * I choose to forgive myself for wrong choices in the past.
  8. * Today I will dwell on what is good and right, not on the darkness I have experienced or the darkness others invite me to live.
  9. * Today I will live beyond myself and live for God.
  10. * On this day I will choose to feel my life rather than live in denial.
  11. * I will not medicate away my pain, sorrow, or anxiety.
  12. * I will allow each negative feeling to lead me to greater depths of healing.
  13. * I will not drown out or ignore my negative emotions.
  14. * I will work through these feelings and move out of them.
  15. * I will not project them onto those around me.
  16. * When I am unaware of what choice to make next, I will choose to do the next right thing.
  17. * Today I will not hide or run away.
  18. * I will connect with those who love me and with those who need my love.
  19. * Throughout this day I will stay connected to God and ask Him to guide me and lead me.
  20. * Today will be an adventure for me.
  21. * I will take a risk and enjoy the unpredictable.
  22. * I will not be governed by my fears.
  23. * I will choose to do something uncomfortable that might lead me to know the truth about myself or live life to the fullest.
  24. * I will not lie to myself today.
  25. * I will seek the truth and will ask for help when I need it.
  26. * Today I will reestablish some boundaries that will protect me from unhealthy people and unhealthy situations.
  27. * I will tear down some walls that are keeping some wonderful people from knowing me and loving me.
  28. * If there is some ungrieved loss, I will grieve it as much as I can today, and then put it away.
  29. * Today I will choose reality and embrace it.
  30. * I will accept my life and pick up my life right where it is.
  31. * I refuse to wallow in self-pity.
  32. * I will not focus on what I do not have or what might have been.
  33. * On this day I will not give up.
  34. * No matter how difficult the struggle, I choose to persevere.
  35. * I will not let any excuse be strong enough to derail my path to healing.
  36. * I will never give up or give in to an old life that did not serve me well.
  37. * I will allow no one to discourage me.
  38. * Today I will heal and rely on God to deliver me through the choices I make.
  39. * Today I will allow God to control my life, and each choice I make, I will make with God in mind and love in my heart.
  40. * On this day, I choose healing.
  41. * I will do what I can do to heal and accept the limitations God has placed before me.
  42. * I will see every limitation I encounter as an invitation by God to do for me what I cannot do for myself.
  43. * I will accept that healing is sometimes slow and delayed and will grow in character in the meantime.
  44. * Today I will step outside of myself and serve others.
  45. * I will find a need and fill it.
  46. * I will find the hurt of another and help heal it.
  47. * I will not become self-absorbed or filled with self-obsession.
  48. * I will reach out to someone in need and do what I can to meet that need.
  49. * Today I will ask for GodÂ’s help to live out His purpose.
  50. * Today I will live for God and not myself.
  51. * Today I choose to live.
  52. * Today I choose to love.
  53. * Today I choose to heal.


If you take my forty-day challenge, I would like to hear from you. I would like to hear about your life before you took the challenge, while you were doing it, and afterward. Did it lead you to make healing choices? Let me know with an e-mail to Sarterburn@newlife.com. I may not know you personally, but this will give me a glimpse of your life. Please know that I am loving you and praying for God to bless you with new levels of healing for you and for your relationships.Campaign for Integrity

Every Soldiers Battle
Calendar
July 14 - Every Man's Battle Workshop
July 21 - Lose it for Life Workshop
July 21 - Every Heart Restored Workshop
July 21 - Healing is a Choice Workshop
August 4 - Every Man's Battle Workshop
August 11 - Every Heart Restored Workshop
September 8 - Every Heart Restored Workshop
September 14 - Singles - The Power of One Seminar
September 15 - Every Man's Battle Workshop

For more information or to register for any of these workshops:
Call 1-800-NEW-LIFE
More From New Life Ministries
Listen to NEW LIFE LIVE! at 10am to 11am PST (Mon - Fri) as Steve Arterburn addresses issues concerning your spiritual and mental health.
http://www.Oneplace.com/Ministries/new_life_live

Every Soldier's Battle is a campaign of New Life Ministries to provide military personnel (soldiers), both home and abroad, with resources that will help those soldiers who choose to maintain sexual integrity and sexual purity.
http://www.EverySoldiersBattle.com

New Life is pleased to offer the Every Home Protected internet software filter.
http://www.EveryHomeProtected.com

Support New Life


New Life Ministries depends on the support of you, our listeners. Please consider a financial donation.
https://secure.newlife.com/cnl/donation.asp.

Or, perhaps you're in crisis and need to find a Christian counselor in your area. Call us, toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-NEW-LIFE (639-5433)

No comments: