Monday, May 01, 2006

Humor: Getting Work The CyberGal Way.

I love listening and reacting to various pod casts. If I like them I bless their email, or comment message lines with some content from CyberGal. As a low vision person I have a laundry list of things I wish web designers would stop doing on the Internet. So, when I was asked my opinion, I ranted, raved and probably rambled in a long email discourse.

Like every other disabled person I've ever met, I've tried and tried, over and over to get self-sustaining, gainful employment. Well, I have some part-time work, but without my Social Security I'd be homeless really fast. But, I still crank out a resume, or cover letter from time to time, in that never die hope... You know, I practice interviewing skills, pack and repack a multi-colored parachute and generally attempt to be ready for that bright day when employment opportunity comes a'knocking.

All of this for naught. For naught I tell you! (This is so funny, I can hardly type it.). I got an email reply to the afore mentioned web-o-rant. I was asked if I wanted to be interviewed on the pod cast AND would I be willing to be available for a possible paid slot in a usability study. (If the customer will pay for the study, they will pay me to be a guinea pig!) My potential boss ends his correspondence with "What do you think?" All that work to get work! I've been wrong all along.

Those of you who've followed this blog awhile, have no doubt that when CyberGal has an opinion, I have no problem beating it to death, right? That the more frustrated I get the more humorous I tend to become, right? Now, I can relax!


Here are the steps to employment - The CyberGal Way:
  • Shoot your mouth off.
  • Accept a job!


And people don't think God has a sense of humor!

No comments: